Friends of the Flower Show



Email Signup

Want to be kept up to date with

Theale Flower Show events?


Join our email list!


Contact us

Want to contact the Flower Show?

Call us on 01934 806157

Home Committee Committee Minutes Miniutes 22-5-2-17

Theale Flower Show Committee Meeting

Minutes Monday 22nd May 2017

Present : Carolyn and Pete Drew, Lesley and David Luke ,  Nick Avery,  Mary Clark, Phil and Cathy Butterworth, Yvonne Hutchison, Sheila Badman, Mary Hatch and Jackie Scriven

Apologies:  Yvonne Hutchison,  Edwin Badman, Ted  Hatch, Trev and Joyce Hunt, Jan Avery

 

 

Comments

Action

1

Welcome and apologies for absence

 

2

Minutes of last meeting were agreed and accepted by the committee and signed by Carolyn Drew.

 

3

Matters arising-  All will be covered during the meeting

 

 

4

Treasurer’s update – In Yvonne’s absence DL explained there were no items to discuss

 

 

 

 

 

5

Sub committee and ad hoc committee updates:

a)      Social and catering – Lesley L explained that the planned quiz night was in jeopardy of being cancelled due to lack of support and a decision will be made later in the week.

A coffee morning/ flower arranging demo has been arranged for the 3rd July, tickets will be £6 each and it will start at 10.45 am

An event for the children has been organised, Jan Tomes will demo, and the children will make their own pot to take away and decorate. £3 a ticket to include tea and biscuits for accompanying adult.

b)      Admin- Cathy Butterworth reported that schedule was complete and would be at the printers by the end of the week. She explained that she had got 3 quotes, the lowest was £96 from BWW printers who she has used herself and trusts them to do a good job. They will be ready for Wedmore street fair. Posters should also be ready for Street fair.

The Panborough is OK for entries, sponsors have been arranged by Nick and Jan.

Carolyn explained that Helen R has organised the judges, there will be a new Wine/liqueur judge this year.

The admin team is covered

Phil and Pete have organised prize cards etc.

Next admin committee meeting 20/6

 

 

6

2017 Show –

a)      PAT test PB explained that it has been organised for nearer the show late July/early August

b)      Catering – LL nothing to report at present. After 5.30 it was agreed a BBQ should run Carolyn will ask Colin Fox if he is happy to do it again this year

c)      Dog show – CB explained that Tony Rewston has said he can find a judge, but we must bear in mind that this is a companion show. We need people to organise it and both Carrie Large and Jackie Scriven have possible contacts who they will speak to.

d)      Children’s activities – Carrie Large is happy to help organise with help from others.

JS has organised bouncy castle at £100 + £6 an hour for attendants to run between 2 and 5 pm , it was agreed that a charge of 50p for 10 mins would be made and the Flower Show will subsidise rest of costs.

PB has spoken to Cheddar Lions and they are happy to supply and run a coconut shy

e)      Entertainment – SB has organised  

Barnacle Buoys to play from 3.30 -4.30

SB’s hairdresser(Hayley) is a singer and is happy to perform

JS has spoken to Sam Crane from Cheddar who charges £60 per hour -It was agreed that the two singers would be asked to play between 5.30 and 8 possibly alternating to be arranged.

Mary Hatch will ask Liam if he can play in the church from 3.30 onwards.

f)       Flower arranging – Jean Tinknell is happy to demo between 2.30 and 3.30

There was some discussion raised by PD re the display boards but CD thought there wasn’t an issue.

g)      Flower Queen – The issue of transport was discussed, Alan Wilson’s Model T and Dave T’s yellow kit car were mentioned alongside TH’s car. CD will discuss with those concerned and come back with final decision.

h)      It was reaffirmed that cups and prizes will be presented at 5.00

i)        PB asked if DT is happy to be site manager again and CD will follow up

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CD to ask Colin Fox

 

 

 

 

 

 

CL and JS to speak to contacts

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SB and JS to speak to their respective singers and liaise

 

Mary H to speak to Liam

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CD to speak to TH etc

 

 

 

 

CD to speak to DT

7

Wedmore Street Fair – NA has booked the pitch

Suggested rota – Nick A and Mary C 10-11

                               Yvonne H and Helen R 11-12

                               Sheila B and Mary H 12 -1

                               Cathy B and Carolyn D 1 -2

                              

 

 

LL to speak to YH

8

Vice president’s review – PB has spoken to several VPs who were happy to change name to Patron. He has now got a definitive list to send information to. PB will circulate written proposals for the changes approximately 1 month before the AGM and it will be a Special resolution on the Agenda for the AGM

 

 

 

PB to circulate proposals

9

Correspondence – CD has received an invitation to Somerset Federation of gardening clubs.

Also received booklets advertising NGS open gardens and Notice of the Garden festival at Wells Bishop’s palace 9-11th June

 

 

10

AOB – Date of AGM 20th November 2017

 

9

Date of next Meeting  - Monday 31st July ,8.00 pm at Village Hall

Site meeting for Show 29/8/17 at 7.00

The meeting closed at 20.59

 

 

Countdown

The 2019 Theale Flower Show is on Saturday 1st September 2018
to go! Time flies....

Flower Show Images

PIC00005.JPG

Profile Information

Application afterLoad: 0.000 seconds, 0.88 MB
Application afterInitialise: 0.044 seconds, 3.94 MB
Application afterRoute: 0.052 seconds, 4.73 MB
Application afterDispatch: 0.103 seconds, 9.32 MB
Application afterRender: 0.133 seconds, 10.33 MB

Memory Usage

10953440

11 queries logged

  1. SELECT *
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE session_id = 'f89602d1602e67a55f90d58f79b2c429'
  2. DELETE
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE ( TIME < '1537289319' )
  3. SELECT *
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE session_id = 'f89602d1602e67a55f90d58f79b2c429'
  4. INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` )
      VALUES ( 'f89602d1602e67a55f90d58f79b2c429','1537290219','','0','1','0' )
  5. SELECT *
      FROM jos_components
      WHERE parent = 0
  6. SELECT folder AS TYPE, element AS name, params
      FROM jos_plugins
      WHERE published >= 1
      AND access <= 0
      ORDER BY ordering
  7. SELECT m.*, c.`option` AS component
      FROM jos_menu AS m
      LEFT JOIN jos_components AS c
      ON m.componentid = c.id
      WHERE m.published = 1
      ORDER BY m.sublevel, m.parent, m.ordering
  8. SELECT template
      FROM jos_templates_menu
      WHERE client_id = 0
      AND (menuid = 0 OR menuid = 68)
      ORDER BY menuid DESC
      LIMIT 0, 1
  9. SELECT a.*, u.name AS author, u.usertype, cc.title AS category, s.title AS SECTION, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END AS slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(cc.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", cc.id, cc.alias) ELSE cc.id END AS catslug, g.name AS groups, s.published AS sec_pub, cc.published AS cat_pub, s.access AS sec_access, cc.access AS cat_access  
      FROM jos_content AS a
      LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc
      ON cc.id = a.catid
      LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s
      ON s.id = cc.SECTION
      AND s.scope = "content"
      LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u
      ON u.id = a.created_by
      LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g
      ON a.access = g.id
      WHERE a.id = 157
      AND (  ( a.created_by = 0 )    OR  ( a.state = 1
      AND ( a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2018-09-18 17:03:39' )
      AND ( a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2018-09-18 17:03:39' )   )    OR  ( a.state = -1 )  )
  10. UPDATE jos_content
      SET hits = ( hits + 1 )
      WHERE id='157'
  11. SELECT id, title, module, POSITION, content, showtitle, control, params
      FROM jos_modules AS m
      LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm
      ON mm.moduleid = m.id
      WHERE m.published = 1
      AND m.access <= 0
      AND m.client_id = 0
      AND ( mm.menuid = 68 OR mm.menuid = 0 )
      ORDER BY POSITION, ordering

Language Files Loaded

Untranslated Strings Diagnostic

None

Untranslated Strings Designer

None